Healthy communities start with healthy and engaged community members. How well do you know your community?
Take our Scavenger Hunt Challenge to find out. The scavenger hunt combines B’more history with healthy exercise and community exploration.
- Each time you complete an item on the list, snap a photo on Instagram using the hashtag: #Baltimorescavengerhunt
- When you’ve completed the entire hunt, be sure to comment below so that we can go through and confirm you as the winner.
- Involve your friends and neighbors – this is a community wide effort
- Creativity, hilarity, and artistic genius strongly encouraged
The deadline for completing the scavenger hunt is Labor Day.
What’s In it For You: Glory. Fame. Lifetime bragging rights. Most importantly – the opportunity to really get to know your community. Only by knowing what’s out there will you be able to make a difference.
Now, you’re ready to begin. Go on, rally your friends and get hunting:
- Feast on crabs at LP Steamers
- Ride the Urban Pirates boat
- Night out at Lithuanian Dance Hall
- Buy fruit from Arabbers
- Spot either Michael Phelps or John Waters
- Feast at Lexington Market with UTZ, Berger Cookies and a crab cake from Faidley’s
- Shop at the Farmers Market under Route 83
- High-five the Natty Boh man or a Hon
- Go Duckpin Bowling
- Have a picnic at Sherwood Gardens
- Pose next to Fifi the Giant Poodle at AVAM
- Sample a Crosstown Burger at Hamilton Tavern or their fried pickles if you’re a vegetarian
- Hang out at Artscape
- Participate in free yoga at the Washington Monument
- Eat lake trout next to a LOVE mural
- Attend a movie on the hill at Fed Hill
- Kiss someone on a Charm City bench
- Participate in Bikeparty
- Volunteer at a community event
- Paddle a dragon boat or take a tour on a water taxi
- Visit Edgar Allan Poe’s grave
- Attend an Orioles Game
- Grab a brew at Union Craft Brewery or Brewer’s Art
- Throw a disc at Druid Hill Disc Golf Course
- Shake your hips at one of Baltimore’s free salsa lessons
- Find this painting:
We can’t wait to hear your stories and see your photos. We’ll be partaking in the challenge too – so be sure to check back frequently to see our updates.
Latest posts by Shannon McGarry (see all)
- Trader Joes - September 18, 2013
- Pushing Forward Childbirth in America - July 11, 2013
- Expanding Healthy Food Options for Low-Income Residents: Local Farmers Markets - June 12, 2013